Sunday, March 4, 2012

So How Do You. . .

At brunch with my wife our teen daughter & my super-conservative in-laws this morning my kid pipes up about her new bf's parents never having met gay folks before. How we got on the subject is lost to me now but I guess they have a lot of questions and that makes the bf nervous. My wife & I have answered just about every question a straight person can come up with & are as happy to dispel myths about lesbian families as we are Lyme Disease. My mil (who asks no questions) was surprised but then decided we must be like some foreign emissaries. "I guess it would be the same as if you were from Africa or someplace they've never been. Asking, you know, how do you do this and how do you do that?" Leave it to my sweet mil to hit on the one question we refuse to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment